Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Review #8: Faking 19 by Alyson Noel

Faking 19 by Alyson Noel


Review:

I know that some of these reviews are short, but I'm mainly writing these for myself as a way of remembering the 100 books I am reading this year. If anyone happens to read them, I'm sorry if they aren't more detailed.

I read this book because I was reading other books by Alyson Noel, and I had read some favorable reviews comparing this book to Feeling Sorry For Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty.

While both books do deal with teens with broken lives and how each teen struggles to fix those lives. However, Faking 19 fails to bring depth to her main character, Alex.

Alex does a lot of whining and even when she sees that her friend, M, is in a terrible downward spiral she doesn't take action. Even after M lets her mother think that Alex stashed drugs at M's house, Alex doesn't do anything. She simply floats through the book.

I really didn't enjoy this book much. It felt flat, and unconvincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment